To provide basic multi-services – including economic,educational, trade and skills training, social and other humanitarian programs formulated for today’s youth.
SERVICING THE COMMUNITY
CACNY provides free multi-services to under served immigrants, minorities and other groups in New York State, with a specific focus on minority youth. According to the US Census, this sub-group number of Caribbean immigrants alone is over almost (2) million – more than 40% of New York City’s total immigrant population. Young people under 18 years make up more than 35%, over 50% are minority youth and most are of Caribbean Heritage.
- Deliver multi-services to disadvantaged Caribbean American’s and other minorities in NYC, with a strong focus on youth.
- Provide opportunities to minority students for college admission and retention.
- Offer youth opportunities to realize their full potential through positive life exploration.
- Provide skills training for youth and adults to improve their chances for employment.
- Assist homeless families with humanitarian services.
Services and Activities
- Regents Preparation & SAT Tutoring
- Workforce Skills Preparation
- Job Training and Internships
- College Financial Aid Forums & Projects
- Back to School & Summer Youth Programs
- Disaster Relief Efforts – Local and International
- Educators & Students Recognition Awards
- Role Models of Distinction Scholarship Benefit Event
- International Community Assistance and Service Program
- Holiday Events for Low Income Families and Children in Temporary Housing (Homeless Shelters)